Try this delicious paella recipe when you don’t feel like spending an hour preparing paella the traditional way. It has loads of flavor and it will be on the table in less than half an hour. The next time you cook this
dish try experimenting and add other seafood such as clams and scallops.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 13 minutes
Kcal per serve: 650
• 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp. butter
• 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, shell on
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 medium red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
• 1 cup Paella rice
• ½ cup dry white wine
• 1 cup fish stock
• ⅓ cup marinara sauce
• 1 large pinch saffron threads
• 1 tsp. smoked paprika
• ½ cup parsley, chopped
• salt and black pepper to taste
• parsley for garnish
• lemon wedges for garnish
1. Set the InstantPot to Sauté (Normal) and add the olive oil and butter. When hot add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and bell pepper and sauté for a further 2 minutes. Add the rice and sauté for another 2 minutes.
2. Add the white wine and simmer for a few minutes, or until reduced by half. Add the fish stock, marinara sauce, saffron, paprika, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp on top of the rice, shell and tail on.
3. Set the pot to Manual (More/High) for 5 minutes. When done do a quick release of the pressure.
4. Serve garnished with a sprinkling of parsley and lemon wedges.
The best rice for paella is the Spanish Bomba rice because it absorbs the liquid but still remains relatively firm. If it’s not available you can use short-grained white rice. Don’t use risotto Arborio rice as it goes too ‘creamy’.