This quick and easy recipe is a great alternative to regular old grilled or fried chicken. The lemon and honey are
wonderfully complemented by the earthy mustard and herb scents. Try using a combination of lemon and lime for extra citrus zing. If preferred, use thighs only with bone-in or de-boned.
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Kcal per serve: 525
• 2 – 2 ½ lb. free-range chicken pieces (4 thighs & 4 drumsticks)
• salt and black pepper
• 1 ½ lb. redskin potatoes, quartered
• 3 tbsp. olive oil
• zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tbsp. honey
• ¾ cup chicken stock
• 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tbsp. rosemary, chopped
• 2 tbsp. thyme, chopped
• 2 tbsp. oregano, chopped
1. Season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper to taste and add to the InstantPot.
2. Add the quartered potatoes.
3. In a bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, honey, chicken stock, mustard, garlic, and herbs. Pour over the chicken and potatoes and stir to combine.
4. Cook on MANUAL for 15 minutes. Quickly release the pressure when done.
5. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
If fresh herbs are unavailable you can substitute them with two tablespoons of Italian dried herb seasoning. Chicken with the skin on will give extra flavor to the dish but it can be removed to lower the calories.